Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baggage, I have lots of it!

Ok, I'm panicking about the amount of stuff I have to store. I had a last minute waffle, after one of my hostel roommates (cute French surfer/musician dude with dreads) suggested that I try to get in all into one bag. Mind you, I have THREE bags now, and they are not small. Of course, I came from a three bedroom house into two bags to get here, so I should be able to get it back into two. But that's not really the point, as I might be working PROFESSIONALLY (good excuse, no?) in Melbourne, which requires more than just surfer/musician clothing I guess. I dug around in my bags and removed a few items that I've not worn much and some books that I didn't even know I'd packed. But I couldn't very well remove the SLR camera, the optometry equipment, my brown leather boots, this computer (which obviously is not yet in the bag!) and countless other items (like journals, tax stuff, etc). So in the end, I still have THREE bags. But they are lighter. C'est la vie, Mr. Hot French Guy!

Ursula is due to pick me up in about an hour. I'm not sure what to do in the meantime, but pace around and worry about my kilos packed and wonder if I need to take more or less to Thailand.

No comments: