Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's all okay.

"Imaginary evil is romantic and varied; real evil is gloomy, monotonous,barren, boring. Imaginary good is boring; real good is always new, marvelous, intoxicating."- Simone Weil

So I've been dealing with both real and imaginary evil and mostly real good in the last several months.

My house is still scheduled to close on October 12th. There've been several large hiccups along the way but we have worked through them with some deep breaths and continuous dialogue among all the involved parties. The last major hurdle is the appraisal. So please continue to cross fingers and pray this gets through.

If the universe is truly being as kind to me as it seems, I will close on my house and move to Germany a few days later. My employer will be shipping all my goods abroad for me, a luxury I have never experienced before. I just have to figure out what is actually in all of the rubbbermaid boxes which were stored for two years in my basement and decide what will stay and what will go.

The man (Tim Cook) who hired me and has been acting as my liason to Germany and the civilian army life connected me with a psychologist who is leaving Germany on December 1st and will be giving up his two bedroom, two bathroom apartment. It's six miles from work, so should be bikeable seasonally. And also has the luxury amenities of a garage and washer/dryer. I can hardly imagine. (Especially when comparing it to the crappy studio flat in New Zealand which cost about the same amount.) My goods will be arriving from Portland about December 1st, so I'll stay in a pension for the first 45 days or so. Not too bad of a set up.

So it seems everything is still lining up as I would have hoped. If I knew even what I was hoping for when all this first started happening.

I have the fear always of the floor dropping out on me. I don't know if it is pessimism or if it is because the floor actually dropped out on me when I was a kid. I don't know. But. I'm trying to be sane, calm, postive and trusting of the world that all this will come together just as it should.

So y'all are welcome to visit me and stay in my spare bedroom and wash your clothes, as long as you bring me bags of fresh veggies in return.

No comments: