Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ko Pha Ngan

It's hard to believe I've only been gone about eleven days. It seems like a lifetime. I guess that's the compression of time and life experience associated with travel. I'm settled in on the island of Ko Pha Ngan for the next 8-14 days. The weather is glorious. I can't stop smiling. I've got a nice room in a hotel- simple with fan and cool water (both of which I prefer anyway) and plans to do little or nothing. I will walk of course. I will not be meditating, or sitting. Perhaps sitting in a hammock. That is all.

New hotel room (still under $20/night) Note entire wardrobe except 3 tshirts and a skirt hanging in the closet. This is as close to monkhood as I get.
My hotel-- little what do you call those things- that prayer thing with offerings- they are everywhere... Shrines!?

I just had to take a picture of this gas station.
The beach where the full moon party is in about a week's time.

No comments: