Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gorgeous laid-back Montenegro

On the Adriatic Sea, the Bay of Kotor is a gem. Serene, colorful, clean and equipped. After the craziness of Albania, it was a joy to return to a country with actual services. I like off-beat places, but they also make me appreciate the amenities of a more developed place. It is good to have both on a trip.

The first stop was in Budva.

This Serbian man was playing Spanish guitar with his friend. He'd lived for 2 years in Berlin, so spoke decent German (with an accent). To sit in the sun and listen to music... I can't think of what makes me more happy.
An artist, Alexandra Haeseker, from Canada/Netherlands had an exhibit called, "I am in your blood" about the varied roles of women.


Arrival in Kotor. Just up the coast about 40 minutes by bus. Beautiful buildings. I was a bit obsessed.






After checking into my hostel this morning, I paid 3 Euros to hike to the top of the hill where the castle ruins were. Great views and great exercise also.



My favorite buildings from afar.



That is the old town, Stari Grad, in the triangle. My hostel is in the middle of it.



Lunch in the courtyard outside my hostel door. Delightful.

No comments: