Saturday, May 21, 2011

Moving back to the US is about as much fun as a Cambodian border crossing.

Still jumping through hurdles. Household is planned to ship on Tuesday. After two trips and five hours waiting at the DMV, I got USA license plates on my car- the first time the Mini has had American plates. They are temporary US plates that allow you to drive the car for the first 30 days stateside before you have it registered.

It looks like there is going to be a summer vacation in USA also at the behest of Homeland Security. I've been told that I have to be stateside when my goods hit customs, which means that I am going to be in the US at the end of June for a couple weeks. But that is still in the research stages.

The moving fun continues.. but I comfort myself in that each day it is closer to its end...

No comments: