Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain + darkness = overactive contemplation!

My favorite things at this moment in life:
The peacefulness of my flat in Parnell, especially when there’s light rain on the roof. (Not so much when it’s downpouring!)
Lying under my down comforter, enjoying the view when I have time to spare before getting up.
Reading a great book where I have to look up a lot of words. (I don't think I'll stop loving learning.)
Running without music, just listening to my feet hit the sidewalk, my breath in and out and my thoughts as they wander through my head.
Meeting friends for coffee.

My wishes for the world:
We all live with peace in our hearts and at the forefront of our consciousness.
We look into each others eyes and realize that we’re all are the same underneath.
We treat everyone we meet with love and kindness.
We give graciously and through our generosity, we’ll receive.
We remove ourselves from consumerism, and return to idealism.



Man does not weave the web of life;
He is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web;
He does to himself.
-Chief Seattle 1854

2 comments:

Wimberley said...

Sara~
stumbled on your blog...enjoyed reading... isn't new zealand beautiful??? i was in auckland teaching in the fall of
'96 teaching... a teaching abroad program... living with a "homestay" family ... loved every second...
you are from the states.. right?

Sara said...

Thanks! It is beautiful. I'm sure way different now than in 1996- they've had quite a lot of growth. I am from the states- mostly Oregon, North Dakota and Minnesota. :) All good places.