Monday, June 30, 2008

When the chin speaks, better listen!

My chin scar started fluttering a few days ago. Not the whole chin, just the scar. Yes. Maybe it’s healing. Why now? Twitch, twitch. An hourly reminder of my trip over the handlebars almost four years ago. I like the idea that it’s healing. Maybe I'll wake up and there won’t be a dent in my chin anymore and it’ll all be the same color again. No more daily application of cover up.

Tonight on the couch, I was writing in my journal after dinner (which consisted of mung beans, coleslaw and peanut butter, not all together, those were the three courses). I thought maybe it’s not healing. Maybe it’s telling me to be careful. Of distractions. Of rushing. Of trying to do to many things at once. Pay attention. Focus. Have fun, but don’t lose sight of what you are doing. Don’t be hurrying down that hill. Just enjoy the ride. If you’re late and get into the next wave it’s just fine.

That’s what the chin is saying. And it’s healing too.

No comments: