Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fear

“All of us were imprinted one of two ways:
either the world is dangerous with moments of safety,
or the world is safe with moments of danger.”
-Deepak Chopra


Fortunately, I was raised to believe the world is safe and full of good people. My experiences have mostly confirmed that. Unless I am trying to figure out my life!

Tonight, I've been researching Asia, airfares, volunteering, ashrams, train tickets, budgets, etc. November seems to be coming like freight train without brakes! I'm almost paralyzed with options. It's funny when I start to look things up, I get completely lost. I've planned loads of short term trips... but nothing like this.

My gut is saying buy a one way ticket to SE Asia and see where you go from there. Maybe return to India, maybe Western Australia. Maybe parts of Africa or South America? Or Eastern Europe? Without a particular agenda in mind, it's a little overwhelming. There's RTW airfares, but I don't know how much they will save me or if they will just complicate matters for someone who wishes to fly by the seat of her pants, wherever my Mary Poppins umbrella carries me...

Lord.

I'm going to bed.

No comments: