Monday, August 25, 2008

Thoughts

It's hard to understand people's lives when you look from the outside. I may appear to be lost or misguided. But I can tell you, though this job and New Zealand were not what I expected them to be, I laugh more here than I have in years. I’ve renewed old friendships and started new ones. My life was stagnant in Portland and I was just going through the motions. Here I am flowering and alive. I am still deeply contemplative, but that's been going on my whole life. I feel like I have an internal energy and drive to be alive... and part of that is exploring the earth and exploring relationships. I think those are some of the reasons I am not ready to return to the United States, yet I cannot really see staying in Auckland.

In the cave with Carrie and Molly.

(Australia)

No comments: