Sunday, August 10, 2008

I like big butts and I cannot lie!

Just seeing if you're paying attention!

Actually that's what's coming out of the ipod right now. Can't complain about that. Who doesn't love a song about real women? I'm couch-dancing at the moment. Just keep that vision of me in your mind as you read along.

Last night was the optometry ball, themed "Golden Globes". The tickets sold out and we were left empty-handed mostly due to our pathetic planning and poor communication. So I conned Ursula into going late with me. I said, "We can be the wedding crashers!" Only it wasn't a wedding and I'd remembered that in that movie Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn crashed weddings for free drinks and food. Then Ursula said, "Weren't they doing it to get laid?" I guess I forgot that part. (See how naive I am? It's a wonder I've gotten this far.)

So Ursula came over to my place and we jumped into the red rocket and took off for downtown. Since I wear heels about once a year, it was an escapade just driving the car and walking to the Hilton. How the heck was I going to dance in those damn shoes?

We finally found the Hilton and the correct entrance where there was even a red carpet and a doorman. Unfortunately, he was a little tough and we barely got in... (even though the organizers said it was ok for us to arrive late). After being rescued by one of my third year students, we landed upstairs where the dancing took place.

Shrek, Audrey Hepburn, Happy Gilmore and his caddy, Bjork in her swan dress, the dark night and more were scattered among the rest in fancy dress. Since I mostly see them in clinic clothes with white student lab coats, I was quite blown away by their collective beauty. We danced until the last song. The shoes came off. I think I'll work on starting a new trend: orthopedic clogs are sexy!

No comments: