Friday, August 15, 2008

Random thoughts

I’ve just spent the morning recovering from a night out. You’d think that two and a half glasses of wine would not be enough to warrant several hours on the couch drinking water and eating oatmeal… but I must have a defective alcohol metabolism gene. That is all I can figure.

It’s sunny here and I'm geared up for a run. I got home a couple days ago to two new pairs of running shoes from the states. (Carrie mailed them.) They were $249.99 each here and $56 each (including shipping) in the US. Global economics are a mystery to me.

I’m so non-consumer here, it’s frightening! Last weekend I went out “shopping” to buy myself a treat of some sort. I came home empty handed. There was nothing that inspired me enough to haul it back to my place. I’ve gotten pretty good at shopping at the second hand stores here also which are much more like a treasure hunt… see what the world will present you with (if anything) and it follows my sense of not creating more crap in this world to dispose of.

In other news, I’m considering a move to the big island when this stint is over. That would be Australia. I have friends there and loads of students moving there also. Seeing as I moved to New Zealand because I loved Australia, why not try that place out also before I leave? ☺ I still plan to see a bit of SE Asia. I might have a different plan tomorrow though...

I’m going for a run now.

No comments: