Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcoming immigrants, enjoying life.

I found a lovely editorial in the Herald this morning on accepting immigrants into New Zealand:
Brian Rudman: Message to the race bigots - we're all New Zealanders
I think we all could take something positive from this article.

In other news:
It's still summer here. I've heard we're having the best weather in years! No complaints from me. The easy, peaceful life of New Zealand is starting to settle into my bones. I've heard the longer you are in Auckland, the more you like it. I suppose that's true of most places, but I am really enjoying life right now.

I'm still reading piles of books, working on my world understanding and figuring out the meaning of life. I'll let you all know when I discover it. I've been trying to remain calm even when things are not on the outside. It's not always easy.

Students are quite fun (and improving every day). I can't complain, except when I am trying to get them to finish an exam up before the clinic closes. With the front desk staff breathing down their necks, they seem to be on freeze-frame. I wonder if there is a slow-motion button that needs to be un-depressed.


"Joy does not come from what you do,
it flows into what you do,
and thus into this world from deep within you."
p.298 "A New Earth"

No comments: