Wednesday, April 30, 2008

South Island Take 1

Flying into the South Island. There was a better picture, but my camera was hiding in my bag and didn't come out in time. I'm not normally a plane photographer.
They have old horse-tie-up-thingies in Christchurch too! I could almost be in Portland.
Christchurch Art Museum- quite lovely, I think the best thing they had in this town and it was free too.
This is one of those little back alleyways that's been developed into mostly restaurants and bars, with a few small expensive shops.
Display from ChCh Museum- do you think they had vegan supplies for the Antarctic expeditions?
Fun with waterfalls at Arthur's Pass learning new camera tricks- little tough without a tripod, but luckily I was already soaked and smelly so a little extra mud and water didn't hurt any.

Akaroa, a French village outside of Christchurch. There wasn't much here except for a lot of shops selling French imports or pastries.
Lyttleton, a sort-of suburb of Christchurch. It's where I got the ride home from the ultra-racist bus driver. Very artsy little spot though. I found this at the top of a hill in Lyttleton.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

look at you! ...getting fancy with waterfall photography. by the way you can make a simple tripod with some string and a washer:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/01/how_to_cheap_image_stabil.html