Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back up to the Cooks; meet Ken & Lorraine!

Rarotonga hike photos courtesy of Ken and Lorraine. I didn't haul my camera on that hike- no room after I got my snorkeling gear in my backpack!

I had the honor of their company this weekend in Auckland. They christened my futon/couch for you all who are on your way. It was like a three day slumber party, as we stayed up talking late into the night in the studio apartment. I played tour guide, which was totally fun. Beware, psycho tour guide Sara is alive and thriving! I also bought their car off them as they flew out to Western Australia this morning, before heading off to Africa. I'm now the proud owner of a 1994 red Mazda station wagon. Pictures of my new baby to follow.

The Needle- our destination on the cross the island trek

Ken and Lorraine (Irish). We were all staying in the Rarotonga Backpackers.
Look down and you'll see what I meant by, "Steps made of tree roots provided by the forest."
A little tired at the top

Heading down again


Afterward, Lorraine napping on the beach in her new pants. Ken's shoe, a little worse for the wear. It was the only hike he didn't wear hiking shoes. Maybe that's what jinxed us! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hike to the top of the Needle deal????? Is that why your hair is all stringy and mangy looking?
love you dearie even with strings on your head,
auntie verdle

Sara said...

We stopped just short of the needle- well we went to the top but not up the rock. :)