Sunday, April 20, 2008

The red rocket rides again!

The Mazda's made a second road trip. She just doesn't want to sit home all lonely at the curb. She passed the vehicle inspection this week, so is good for another 6 months, before being poked and prodded again. I decided it was kismet since she was a 1994-er and that was my year of high school graduation. We were meant to be together.


Raglan, a small surfing mecca on the west coast of NZ about 147km southwest of Auckland.
Fishing off the dock in Raglan.
Wind-swept beauties.
Mini pontoon that decided to take a solo cruise at dusk. It didn't seem get too far.
Manu Bay at sunrise- where they filmed the 1966 "Endless Summer."
The longest left-hand break in the world, which I didn't understand until seeing it from from the perch above.
6:30AM surfer. (It was darn cold. I wouldn't be out there, no matter how thick the wetsuit!)
What happens when you approach this cliff with too much speed?
The world through my eyes (or maybe just my sunglasses). I sat on this perch and did a little morning reflection- had not seen a person or car for probably an hour. The sounds of birds, waves, bugs surrounded me. I heard a passing plane, but didn't see it.
Yoga and jumping jack stop. Waving hello to you.
It's not the size that counts, it's the contents!
Town of Kawhia. (Simple housing is prevalent in NZ- much smaller scale than the US.)


No comments: