Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ella Fitzgerald Wednesday

[Moon ray, cast a spell on my lover.]


Barely awake, propped up at my desk. Pretending to be coherent.

I've already seen my first patient, sipped espresso at the bakery, watched people while writing, and now here. Hiding quietly. Feeling like I'm between worlds, at work. It's peaceful. I should be so lucky.

Something about the old recordings, piano lilting. Big band. Crackles interspersed among the sounds.

I've been sleeping like a rock these past two days. This morning, I didn't even know where I was. Then remembered, Germany. That's a good sleep.

Today the cows were lounging on the side of the road in the grass next to the river with steam rising. I pass the river each day on the way into work, a part of my day that'll be forever etched in my memory. Bavarian countryside, waking up.

Just like me right now.


[Stars shining bright above you. Night breezes seem to whisper, "I love you". Birds singing in the sycamore tree. Dream a little dream of me.]

No comments: