Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sorry to disappoint

I tried to upload some pictures from the Cook Islands, but they didn't save correctly onto my flash card, so you'll just have to wait another day. Egads! I think I'll also postpone the story until the pictures come along. (But it will be good, I promise.)

In unrelated news, my voice decided to take a vacation from me today. It was coming on last night, but I thought perhaps I was imagining it. No. It went away for no apparent reason. (I'm not sick.) Luckily, it's entertaining to my colleagues, who shout, "Speak up!" and snicker as I scrunch my face up in mock frustration. By this afternoon, I was resorting to slips of paper and miming. Luckily, I have a lot of facial expressions stored up and can write legibly when necessary. (I'm not a real doctor, you see, otherwise there might be a problem.) Don't tell anyone, but I am rather enjoying the silence. I promise I won't become like that kid off the "Little Miss Sunshine" show, unless one of you posts a really good cause for me.

So off I am home now. No activities planned for the evening.

One more thing- a bit of happy vegan baking news. Last year, I submitted a recipe (Maple Cranberry Almond Scones) that I'd made up to a vegan recipe contest (through Blossoming Lotus in Portland/Hawaii) and they selected it as one of the top 50, which is not like grand prize, but it's good enough. They're considering a book, with credits to the recipe authors. I may start calling myself "Sara the experimental vegan baker." I know it's a long, semi-unoriginal title, but I like it anyway. Unfortunately I have only a toaster oven here, so it seems my new recipe inventions will be rather limited for now.


For when the great scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks not that you won or lost
But how you played the game.

No comments: