Friday, August 2, 2013

August already?

The temperatures dropped the last few days. All three of us looked out the window and wondered, "What's that?" Rain. But it felt good and it cleaned off the streets and put a little moisture into the air. All good things. 

Justin's packing up to head back East on Wednesday. We've had a quite a busy five months together out here. Time feels strange. Like it's been only one week or maybe forever. I guess life has that quality. Mostly our days together are quiet and simple. On our bikes, running errands, sharing coffees/teas. Pretty simple. I wonder what it will be like to have him gone again. I know he needs to go home. It must be done. I'm okay with it. 

I'm not full of thoughts or ideas these days. Mostly just wandering day to day. Content I guess. I've planned to see my friends a lot while I am here alone and maybe a few solo camping weekends this month. 

Last Sunday, Justin & I collected 100 signatures so we could have marriage equality on the ballot. It's always good (and important) to take part in democracy.


No comments: