Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Backtracking

Somewhere in my heart, I knew it wasn't the right house. It was a great house. Really great. But it was not me. It was not us. I think it was actually too prissy. Too nice. No room to personalize. The market is tight and interest rates are rising. All creating a sense of urgency. Which is no fun when making a major purchase.

After a week of sleepless nights and days filled with anxiety, we had some good conversations and decided not to proceed. It was a multitude of things, mostly timing and things not lining up right. Things not feeling right. It was the wrong house. A lot of it was learning to make decisions together. We'd talked about the house but missed the actual real conversation of what we really thought.

Relationships are a lesson in learning and adapting. Communication is key.

I can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do. I can only decide what is good for me. So I will keep looking. We will keep looking. And hope it works out.

No comments: