Friday, December 28, 2012

8 states by car in 1 day!

 ...and not the upper NE, but Real-Sized states!

We made it through Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina.

I awoke at 4:30 AM, but didn't get up til 5:30, as planned. We were on the road by 6:30, and pulled into Raleigh between 12-1:00 AM. It was a long haul, but not terrible. I drove the first 12 hours.

The morning started out like heaven. Quiet muted baby colors. Snow and sunrise, surely the most beautiful sight. For hours, I watched out the window while Justin slept beside me.

 {IOWA, god's country}

The route:


View Larger Map

It's interesting to make a journey over and over again. Knowing the towns along the way, where to stop for coffee in Charleston is a good sort of familiarity. I've enjoyed learning these roads.

Thirty-seven degrees this morning felt balmy when I took Bailey out to go potty. Justin's happy to be home out east. Today after one night's reprieve in Raleigh, we'll return to the OBX.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

No comments: