Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Establishing residency (thoughts & photos)


Coffee & contemplation- though this is an older photo, I've been doing a lot of this lately. Pondering the roads of life. Questioning decisions and what's important. Nothing new. Just the same old. Everything is pretty good and stable, which is nice. For once.
Bailey in heaven at the beach. He had his face and teeth full of sand- looked like he was foaming at the mouth. Of course every time I tried to get a good shot of him, he'd turn away.
My BF waxing a surfboard. I didn't know that surfboards were waxed on the top to stick your feet on them. I just assumed they were waxed like skis on the bottom to make more slippery. Learning something new every day.
North Carolina shore. I was floating on my back in the water, thinking how strange it was to be in North Carolina. I am still getting a mental handle on living on the East coast. I don't know where I should be- I don't think it is anywhere, really, but sometimes it feels weird that I'm here. But I feel lucky. It's a pretty nice place to land. Especially the Outer Banks.
Not Sleeping Picture. Kind of what it's been like lately, every night and morning, the hours of hiding in the darkness have been short lately, but everyone goes through phases of this I think. It would be way worse if I had five kids (or maybe not, maybe just purely thankful for a few min of sleep.)
I set up a bank account in North Carolina yesterday just down the street from Justin's house. The first step in residency. I couldn't help but feel I was lying or crazy when the woman at the bank asked my address and for IDs. I have IDs and phone numbers and associations from all over the world. I feel like I belong no where but this feels the most like home of anywhere (and it's where I've spent the majority of my time for the last five months). It's strange to feel so groundless when inquiry strikes- I felt totally exposed and naked in my gypsy-ness for some reason. But at the same time, I felt like I was taking a step in the right direction.

No comments: