Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Next Adventure... My American Dream

 


Approaching my one year anniversary completely free from debt (the last to go was student loan), I've been reflecting on what it means. No mortgage. No student loans. Owing nothing = the ultimate freedom. This is something I think few Americans experience at my age, or at any age. Since we are a society created on credit cards and mortgages, people (myself included) just automatically sign their name to years of financial burden. 

Almost daily, I'm thankful for my financial freedom, which has again come in handy. Having recently finished a temporary position, I'm in the position to have a month to travel again, this time with a friend's camper which we'll drag up to the Northeastern states and perhaps into Canada. The adventure begins this Monday.

No comments: