Saturday, August 15, 2009

Isn't that true?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"-Lao Tzu

I found this quote on the webpage of friends of friends who are living in a van in Australia and traveling. I guess I'd have to buy a car first to start living out of it, but it's something to think about.

I've just trudged through a 600 page job application. (Only a slight exaggeration.) Later today, I hope to relocate my diplomas (which are somewhere in a box in my storage unit of my old house) and also my all-in-one printer/scanner/copier so that I can be my own personal secretary. Though the life-wasting fun of Kinkos will be certainly be missed.

I'm in Portland housesitting for a friend who's in North Dakota until the 25th. Carrie and Oatie and I all roadtripped back a couple days ago. Twenty-one hours in one day is not for the faint of asphalt. The last two hours of driving while not feeling the back of my head from exhaustion has cured me of any urges for a crazy-as long road trip.

Also on my plate is that I'm waiting to get possession of my house, which has now upped to August 31, which hopefully means the bugger will sell and then I will be released of the pain of landlordship. Highly unrecommended. But it's an experience I guess.

No comments: