Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PDX observations

Up and down, round and round.

The rollercoaster of life.

I've gotten stuck in a philosophical bent these days. It seems to be my default mode when I am a resting stone, rather than rolling along. I like rolling. But it's nice to be back in familiar territory with old friends at my side.

However, I've also been surveying the Portland scene and it's pretty much the same as it was before I left. I think Portland is too cool for me. Right now anyway. I am too simple. Somewhere along the line, I became okay with only having four pairs of underwear, wearing the same fisherman's pants nearly every day and having less belongings than I could carry in a pack on my back.

"Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail." -Portlander, the late Elliott Smith

No comments: