Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall feels good this year


For the first time in a long time, I've been looking forward to fall. The cool air. Donning a sweater. Thoughts of inside projects. Since I moved here, every day has been filled with activities. A little staple pulling. A little scraping. Watering the garden. Hanging the laundry. We accomplish a little bit each day.

These last two days the temperature has finally dropped to the point that we need a sweatshirt at night, and can throw open the sashes and refresh the house with crisp dry air. Fall. It feels so good.

Today I realized that we're ready to power wash the house. The idea of power-washing brews up anxiety within me but also excitement. I know as we finish the final exterior painting prep, the next thing will be to apply the color and turn the house into a happy little cottage again.

No comments: