Thursday, September 11, 2008

Merriam Webster's word of the day

circumlocution \ser-kum-loh-KYOO-shun\ noun
Meaning:
*1 : the use of an unnecessarily large number of words to express an idea 2 : evasion in speech

This word was created for me. My friends would agree. If you'd like an evasive answer to anything, just ask me and I'll be happy to oblige. Though I've gotten better through the years at being candid, my first urge is to talk in circles without actually giving any real information out. This is especially useful if you would like my opinion on something that I'm not sure I want to give or if you ask me anything personal about myself or relationships. If I talk around something long enough, no one will realize that nothing was actually said. Or so I think.

TGIF.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heartily agree w/ your self evaluation here!!! ~ Shanta